Pangolin Systems has a wide range of experience, including the following:
- Operating system kernel design and implementation
- Design and implementation of kernels on bare hardware, both uniprocessor and multiprocessor.
- Design and implementation of user level threads.
- Implementation of device drivers for bare hardware, RTOS, and Unix variants.
- Porting of device drivers from BeOS to Linux.
- Parallel processing
- Restructuring of applications for parallel execution.
- Design and debugging of multi-process locking.
- Optimization of parallel programs with regard to CPU and NUMA issues.
- Protocol design and implementation
- Implementation of CDMA-2000.
- Debugging and extending an implementation of PPP.
- Debugging and extending an implementation of TCP/IP.
- Porting an implementation of TCP/IP between operating systems.
- Development of applications over TCP/IP, IPX, Netbios, X.25, and SNMP.
- Design and implementation of application protocols.
- Protocol verification using state space analysis tools.
- Implementation of UUCP.
- Embedded Systems
- Prototype handset development.
- Linux installation on an ARM SOC.
- Implementation of SNMP on an RTOS based radio repeater and on an uClinux based network interface controller.
- Atmel AVR based LED effects control, motor control, and sensor interfacing.
- PIC32 based relay control with UDP and HTTP interfaces over 802.11.
- Implementation of actuator control, including servos, simple DC motors, and stepper motors.
- Use of machine vision for inspection and for dynamic object tracking.
- Implementation of GUIs for control and visualization of device state.
- Implementation of behavior based control with many discrete behaviors competing for a number of hardware resources.
- Programming environment
- Implementation of large build systems.
- Implementation of regression test systems.
- Implementation and management of source control and bug tracking.
- Supervision of development staff.
- Network design and system administration
- Design and implementation of networks, including the set up of Routing, DNS, NTP, and IPv6.
- Design and implementation of network services, including email (SMTP, POP, IMAP, MX, Sendmail), NNTP, web (HTTP, Apache) UUCP, and FTP.
- Design and implementation of network security, including firewalls, packet filtering, SSL, proxies, etc.
- Management of network file systems, such as NFS, AMD, and Samba (CIFS).
- Administration of Unix systems (Linux, FreeBSD, 4.3 BSD, SunOS, SysVr4, IRIX).
- Supervision of system administration staff.
Pangolin Systems has worked on products in a number of sectors, including:
- Cellular Telephony
Handset; base station test equipment.
- Satellite Broadcast
DBS system; IP over Satellite.
- Chemical Engineering
Chemical residue level identification device.
Highly parallel research computer; autonomous car.
- Remote Sensing
GIS data analysis software.
- Retail Systems
Unix based POS system.
- Financial Data
Online real-time and historical stock data system.